Texas Safety Foundation funds are obtained through donations; gifts and sponsorships, as well as net proceeds from the Foundation's annual fund raisers.
Texas Safety Foundation, Inc. (TSF) was created as a division of the Texas Safety Association on Sept. 18, 1964; it was incorporated as a separate, 501(c)(3) nonprofit on Feb. 22, 1966, to assist aspiring Safety and Health Professionals.
The Texas Safety Foundation (TSF) was established for the encouragement and support of Safety and Health Education by providing scholarships for students entering the safety profession. TSF supports safety and health education and research within the State of Texas.
The Foundation is managed by a board of trustees. Current TSF trustees are:
- Ron Sokol, Chairperson
- Burk Shaw, Vice Chairperson
- Betty Lawson, Secretary / Treasurer
- Eddie Greer, EGA Safety (Past Chair)
- Richard Bass, Board Member
- Chynell Hollis, Board Member
- Rad Manning, Board Member
- Willie Wells, Board Member
- Luis Aguilar, Board Member
- Rob Hunt, Board Member
- Steve Halliburton, Board Member Emeritus
- Jim Rainwater, Board Member
- Matthew Herron, Board Member /ASSP Region 3 RVP.
To be good stewards of the Safety and Health Profession by providing the ability for prospective Safety and Health professionals to obtain competencies through higher education and enable them to reach their maximum professional potential.
To provide financial assistance and resources to students of Texas seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees in safety and health from accredited colleges and university programs.